Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[question] Most Helpful Skill Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

As a physical design engineer, what skill codes that you have written or used which are most helpful to you. Please list the function of skill code.

What do you think abt the idea of pooling in scripts(perl tcl), tool specific codes (skill(cadence), ample(mentor) etc.) for ASIC design. Or need based development of scripts by elektroda for VLSI community.

Thanks in Advance

I BELIEVE "TCL AND PERL" HAS THE EDGE OVER THE OTHER SKILL CODES,
MOST EDA TOOLS OFFER SUPPORT FOR TCL, LIKE MAGMA,SYNOPSYS,CADENCE

Yes, TCL is very important for EDA designers, especially backend

junchaoguo51888 said:
which tool is better,tcl or perl ?
Tcl is widely used in Synopsys tools, which means you can use tcl to faciliate your design process inside tools like DC,PC...
Perl can be used almost anywhere in both EDA tools or outside of them.

all most all tools supports TCL scripts.

perl is very much useful to automate the simulations. it makes simulations user friendly.

all these tools have there own advantages, tcl is useful for front end and back end, also is used for cadence and synopsys, perl too, for file process, i think perl is more useful, but if you used cadence backend tool, i think skill is most usefull

tcl and perl, both are important

Tcl is widely used in Synopsys tools, I prefer Tcl.

TCL is widely used in synopsys tool, perl can be used to analyze the result like timing report. Unix shell script like awk is also useful

hiiiiii all,
@above
plz post the skill code for fixing off grid problem..........

if i have a bus of 1280, how to generate the labels?

is there any script for generating automatically?

ASAP

Tcl is mainly used to automate the tool simulations(tool commands).

Perl is mainly used for the log file processing & automate the some daily routine works.

schowdary: I don't think anyone really understands your question. What is a "skill code?" I think some are interpreting that to mean "coding skills" but I don't see what that has to do with off-grid errors or labeling buses.

What tool are you using? What are you trying to do? We need more info to help you guy. Please try to be more clear and detailed and maybe be less demanding / rushing ("ASAP"). We're not being paid to help you, you know.

sorry guys..........
i'm using virtuoso cadence for analog layouts...........
i have a bus of 1279...........if i wanna label that is there any SKILL script to make easier rather than naming each one................
hope u understood my question?

@schowdary, This is not right place to ask about the LAYOUT & SKILL scripts. We have another forum named "Analog IC Design & Layout". Check it there.

I know SKILL scripting, But I'm not able to understand your requirements.

Perl is very important!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back