Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question in m-sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roshdy

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all

I understand that in m sequence generation the code will repeat itself after (2^n - 1), given that n is the number of the shift registers

I tried for 3 shift registers (taps after the first and the third) the repetition is after 6 bits.

if any one knows what is wrong, please tell me

Roshdy

salam (in farsi = Hello)
This is the m-sequence characteristic. u should set shift register properly, if not u cant reach the maximum length = (2^n)-1
m-sequence = maximum length sequence because of this property.
1 m-sequence generator example is g(D) = 1+D+D^3
If u are not familier with m-seq generation and generator(like g(D)) u should read some basic book like "introduction to spread spectrum communications" by Peterson and Ziemer

Roshdy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Roshdy said:
Dear all

I understand that in m sequence generation the code will repeat itself after (2^n - 1), given that n is the number of the shift registers

I tried for 3 shift registers (taps after the first and the third) the repetition is after 6 bits.

if any one knows what is wrong, please tell me

Roshdy

your taps shold be selected to match a polynonail g(D) which is primitive polynomail. That will only give the maximal length sequnce. In this case7. Otherwise it will be less that 2^n-1.

You google about primitive polynomails....

Roshdy

Hello,
the file in this link file will explain to you how to generate m-sequence and how to do with the shift regester, including some examples.
Hope that you will benifit from this file

Nidhal

Reactions: paulim

Roshdy

paulim

Hello,

I'm trying to generate m-sequence with PN sequence generator in simulink. I used
mseq.JPG
polynome 3 1 0 and start sequence 0 0 1
after that I'm trying to test the autocorrelation but the expected signale is complety wrong
What i'm doing wrong any help please?

Attachments

• autocorrelation.rar
    7.1 KB · Views: 55

Hi,

I found the sample on the page of NI:
Understanding Spread Spectrum for Communications - Developer Zone - National Instruments
and if simulate the same thing in matlab and simulink I got the different result, can anyone please tell me where is the catch.
I put the PN sequence generator and select the polynome [4 3 0] with initial [1 1 0 0] then I save to workspace to the "test".
I multiply by
x1=[(2*test)-1];
and I got
1 1 -1 -1 1 -1 -1 -1 1 1 1 1 -1 1 -1 1 1

and on the webpage they got
1 1 -1 -1 -1 1 -1 -1 1 1 -1 1 -1 1 1

I think that they use the polynome [4 1 0] and not [4 3 0]??

thanks for help,

Status
Not open for further replies.