Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about YEE grids in FDTD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kezman

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
question about FDTD

hi everyone

I am studying FDTD now.But I have some problems about it.For instance,the explanations of YEE grids in books.It says through alternational iterations of electric field and magnetic field in time axis,we can get electromagnetic results.However, I do not understand how to get initial values of electromagnetic which is used in alternational iterations.Please give me some hints or assists,Thanks!!!!!

Re: question about FDTD

Hi!
The initial values of em field is set to zero excpet at the source region(where the values are determined by the excitation).
And then, the alternational iterations begin.

question about FDTD

Thank you Fuga!!Do you have any codes(matlab) or
informations which is about source excitation?Please give me some.Thanks!!!

question about FDTD

see Dennis Sulivan book it has many codes

Here u can find some simple FDTD code for matlab.
h**p://www.elmagn.chalmers.se/courses/CEM/examples/

Enjoy!

question about FDTD

Thank you Fuga!
Now I have another problem.I have tested a 1D example in matlab.However,I found that Gaussian Pulse distorted when EM transmitting. Especially, Gaussian Pulse width is narrow,relatively.Which error causes this phenomena?numerical calculation, narrow width of Gaussian Pulse or some others?Thanks!!!

Kezman said:
Thank you Fuga!
Now I have another problem.I have tested a 1D example in matlab.However,I found that Gaussian Pulse distorted when EM transmitting. Especially, Gaussian Pulse width is narrow,relatively.Which error causes this phenomena?numerical calculation, narrow width of Gaussian Pulse or some others?Thanks!!!
I don't know exactly your problem.
what kind of medium does the gaussian pulse propagate in?
what's ur boundary condition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back