Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about window function w(n)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthy

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
window function

hi,
i have a window function w(n). i convolute the input signal with this window function. if i convolute the convoluted signal with the window functon again, can i get back the input signal? if not, is there any window function with this property(similar to pn sequence)?

Re: window function

Hi,
convolution means spreading. There is no simple function ( Random number gerator -- PN sequence is an exception) with the property u desire.
B R
Madhukar

Re: window function

Hi karthy

Any window which obey conv(w(n),w(n)) = delta(n) will have the property mention by you. PN is not the only secuence with this kind.
For example the cross corelation of the chirp signal is also close to delta function.

Another one view point in this respect is the inverse system.
System followed by the it's inverse system repeate the input.
You can read about inverse systems in the book Discrete Time Signal Provessing by Openheim ... Check the chepter about casual and minimum phase systems.

Hope this helps
dora

window function

I don't understand completely what you mean.
you can explain it clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back