Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about USBc connector and its footprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawaslsh

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I was looking through a few USBc parts for an edge mount PCB and i came across a connector that confused me and I thought I'd ask the community. The part in question is the UC-31PFFH-QF7001, I linked the data sheet i got from the company.
Capture.PNG

Above is the footprint and 3D model from the company. Each top side (orange) pad/net has a corresponding via associated with it. I can't tell from the drawing in the data sheet, are the pads and vias internally connected through the connector? For example is B6 (NetR12_2) internally connected to A6 (NetR12_2) and there is no need to route a trace connecting them? I suspect this is true for convivence of routing, but I wanted to ask instead of assuming.

Thanks in advance,
Sami

Read the datasheet thoroughly. Signals with different name have different function will be normally not connected to each other.

Only a few signals use multiple pins, e.g. GND, Vbus.

Read the datasheet thoroughly.
1631655629443.png

That's what confused me, hence my question. I take it from your answer; the pins which share Vbus are connected internally? Also DP1 and DP2 are not connected internally?

Thanks for your patience

Last edited:

Hi,

I don´t think that the 4 VBUS pins are connected inside the connetor.
I recommend to connect them all on the PCB.

Klaus

Because USB-C can be plugged in either direction there must be mirrored connection duplication in the socket. USB-C jacks typically do not internally connect the mirroring in the actual USB-C jack, leaving it up to the PCB layout to make the common mirrored connections.

MiniF401CB_2.16PCB layout.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back