Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about USB and DRIVERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

vss_vintorez

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Question about USB andSOFTWARE

First of all, my name is Gabriel I'm 17 and I'm in my last year school. I'll join to the university to become a eletronics engineer.
This is the first time I post here, so be pacient ! xD. I have a question for you experts, cause I've been discussing with my friend if it's possible to create a device which modifies programs in the pc - He said it's impossible and I said that nothing is impossible.
Wath really happened:
Counter strike is a multiplayer game, there are cheats which aims automatically at the head of the opponent - I said that it is possible to create a mouse which stores that kind of program and when you connect the mouse, it automatically install the program or run the program as it were its own driver. He said that it would be impossible to create such device.

or better, is it possible to create a device with onboard drivers or softwares ? - It would be a nice idea to sell a high precision mouse with onboard Photoshop (NOT using a Pendrive inside the mouse, I mean in a ROM memory inside the mouse, as it were the firmware)

Building a microcontroller system with high precision mouse which sends application specific information to a PC via USB is straightforward, e.g. I recently interfaced a adns-6090 to a PIC24FJ64GB002
**broken link removed**

the microcontroller could store images in SRAM to be transmitted to the PC as required. You may have to write a device driver for the PC and this would not be a normal mouse.

You did not get my question, I mean, a professional in eletronics like you: Can build a mouse with an onboard software/driver which installs automatically when you connect the mouse ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back