Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question about the result of the output of the modelsim

Status
Not open for further replies.

wqy1985

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am studying a digital filter(used in a sigma-delta ADC). It is a multistage filter. I use the FDATool in matlab to generate the code of all the filter. And then I use the modelsim to simulate. But I can't understand the result(it looks like it will always increase(positive and negative alternatively)) which I will attach below(I plot some points of the results in matlab). the input is 4bits, output is 24bits, input signal frequency is 6.144MHz, decimation factor is 128. I attach the whole design below(including the verilog code, testbench, and mytestbench(I imply a sine wave)). Hope someone give me some clue.

thanks in advance.

This is the result of the filter using mytestbench

This is the result of the filter using the testbench which is the matlab generate automatically

I assume you have xilinx ise 10.1 or some other version. Why dont you go through the following way.
I have done filter design this way. I mean you generate filter coefficients in matlab and then import the coefficients file in xilinx ise using core generator.

Take a look at the following tutorial.Its long but useful.Do look from pages 21 and onwards.

**broken link removed**

what I mean is if I apply a signed 4 bits sine wave(which is generated by matlab)to the filter, is the output a 24bits sine wave as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back