Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question about the CMOS LNA IC measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

wccheng

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
LNA measurement

Dear all,

I have a question about the CMOS LNA IC measurement. I hope anyone could answer me. My idea is this: I will make an LNA + output buffer and standalone output buffer (this standalone output buffer is same as the one combined with LNA). I will measure the power gain and NF of the LNA + output buffer module first. Then I will measure the standalone output buffer power gain and NF. Then, I am back calculated in order to get the standalone LNA power gain and NF. Does this procedure correct?
Based on this procedure, I have another question. For the LNA + output buffer, the input of the buffer is loaded by the output of the LNA. If I measured standalone output buffer, it would be loaded by 50 ohms (from network anaylzer or signal generator). How could I calculate this effect in order to back calculated the standalone LNA performance?

Thanks

wccheng

I am also having the same problem. Please help !

Thank

In Friis equation the NF of the output buffer is referred to a source impedance = 50 Ω, so you don't need to worry about the difference in loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.