Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about tc of PTAT bandgap

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhlbluesky

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have designed a ptat bandgap,which is current mode,that is,vref is generated by only a resistor,and the current is consisted of vbe2/r2+deta(vbe)/r1,so
vref=(vbe2/r2+deta(vbe)/r1)*r3;i don't know whether it is clear;

my question is, i use csmc 5v high voltage process,and when i simulate the temp coeffient,i find that when in -4~85, the voltage change in tt\ss\ff is all about 6mv;when in -40~150(my required operating temp range) ,the voltage change in tt\ss\ff is different,tt \ss is 48mv or so,ff is 120mv or so;and when i adjust the value of r1\r2\r3 to make tc small in tt,then in ss or ff,tc becomes too bad,about 260mv;why? what's the reason?

besides,when i sweep vdd from 0 to 5v,i find that the value of vref becomes v1 when vdd is 2.8v or so,and becomes v2(the desired value of vref,and v1<v2)when vdd is 4.4v or so;why?as usual,the value of v1 for vdd=2.8V~4.4V should not appear, it should become v2(desired value of vref)when vdd=3v or so;but why for my circuit?i think it for two days,but get nothing.pls help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back