Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about ST M24C01-WBN6 eeprom clocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

louislu

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
eeprom clocking

hi

i m trying with ST M24C01-WBN6.This is a serial eeprom with 1k memory.according to it's data sheet, the fc shl b 400k for it's clock(SCL).would it b ok if i tune it for 333.33k or 500k.this is because the oscillator for my microcontroller is 24MHz.it is impossible to tune it for 400k exactly....I can only select either one.or can i use 100k...

here another question,As stated in data sheet, the 400k is only need to apply for high state(SCL) right? while low state is don care...m i right?

Thanks...

Re: eeprom clocking

Salam,

The 400k is the max. clock for SCL (serial clock).
So you can use 333.33k or any value < 400k

It's easy to implement it in the microcontroller even if it's fast (Y can use delays).

Example.
The next function written in C to generate START condition

START Cond. as described in datasheet : " a high-to-low transtion of SDA with SCL High and must precede any other command "

bit I2C_Start(void)
{
Delay_10_uS();
I2C_SDA =1;
Delay_10_uS();
I2C_SCK =1;
Delay_10_uS();
if ( I2C_SDA == 0) return 0; // if the device is busy return with 0
if ( I2C_SCK == 0) return 0;
I2C_SDA = 0;
Delay_10_uS();
I2C_SCK = 0;
Delay_10_uS();
return 1;
}

Bye

Re: eeprom

hi...for the eeprom tat i m usin now...emm...is 24c01...for the page write...after send in the byte address,the continue data is it in sequence or wat...for example if address send in is 01h so the next address wil b increased to 02h automatically rite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back