Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about spi slave on fpga....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sink0

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am writing a code for a spi slave on verilog for FPGA, but i have a question about how the SPI should behave. Should the Slave Select pin reset the SPI shift register counter, or just disable it? I mean.. if for some reason the SPI clock do no trigger my Flip-Flop (ok thats almost impossible), the counter is going to be on a wrong position. If i reset it with the Slave Select it can get back to the right one.. so should it reset or not?

Thank you!

Can you tell me the partname of the serial ADC chip? If you disable the Slave select/Chip select the slave will reset the internal shift register counter.

No nmno.. there is no ADC.. the FPGA is the Slave... but anyway.. thats al i need..

you should design your module refer to the timing graph from the Master SPI device

Status
Not open for further replies.