Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about selecting a reset controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurav_sdpl

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using PL3150 controller IC whose Vmin=4.75.and has active low RESET
My reset controller IC has a maximum threshold of 4.64V and typical value of 4.55V

according to this specification when the power supply is building the micro-controller will not be active before 4.75V, but the reset signal will be deasserted once the supply voltage exceeds a value of 4.64V, so whether this gap will have some negative effect or my selection of reset controller IC fine.

Plz suggest

RESET SIGNAL

For a circuit that's operating reliable by design you should use a different reset controller.

Do you have any indications, that the micro-controller will not be active before 4.75V. That's very unlikely unless the controller has an internal supply voltage monitor. In this case, the external reset controller won't be needed at all. Otherwise, the controller can be expected to operate at a much lower voltage, but possibly unreliablelly.

Re: RESET SIGNAL

According to the datashet of the controller its VCC min is 4.75V

Re: RESET SIGNAL

Please Reset the Microcontroller. If you have already burn the code in to the ROM than just restart the microcontroller to reset the signal

Status
Not open for further replies.