Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about "Programmer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoKKeR

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This thing is called "programmer" So far as i understand (by reading instructions) it is supporting programs with JDM or LIDIPIPO interface. I do not fully understand what this means, i guess it is about software. By the way instructions were very old and i do not find mentioned software.

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

This is what this thing looks like.

Q1 Am i able to use this devise ? What this kind of devise do :| ?

Q2 What software should i use ? What is the best 1 ?

Q3 Anything else i should know about it ?

Thank you

This is a programmer for PICmicro microcontrollers and some eeprom ICs that is based on the circuit called JDM. Maybe it is the simplest programmer for PICs and you do not need to purchase one, just build it yourself (a quick search in the Google, will show you the main sites for schematics). The Components are very easy to find (some general silicon transistors, signals diodes 1N4148, capacitors and resistors, ICs sockets and a DB9 connector).

It can be controlled by two freeware softwares (ICPROG and WINPIC800). I prefer WINPIC800.

To use it, you need a serial port (old RS232) as it uses the RS232 signals for supplying and signaling. Do not use it in notebooks, as sometimes it will not work properly (the voltage levels on notebooks serial ports are not enough). USB to serial converters used to not work with it.

Hope I have answered the main questions.

JoKKeR

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.