Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about pole and zero of LDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwwww12345

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help!

I designed a new LDO base upon Rincon-Mora 's paper, but no bypass capacitor (Cb). What is strange is that my seconde pole(in the gate of the pass transistor) is always lower than the first zero(made by the ESR and external capacitor ). And my ac simulation is right, showing the phase margin is above 60 degree. I saw a lot of other paper, all saying the second pole lower than the firest zero. Am I wrong??? Do any one have the same result of mine?

Re: Pole and zero of LDO

you can do the simulation after changing some parameters such as output cap and its' esr, the Power mos's dimension, the second pole is not necessary larger or smaller than the pole created by output cap and its' esr.

Pole and zero of LDO

Thank you. Your help is very appreciated !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back