Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question about modulation classification!

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_mir

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,

i need to recognize the modulation type of incoming signal in IF(intermediate band) .that is, i want recognize the modulation of signal is FSK or non FSK(such as PSK or QAM or ASK)?
how can i design this classifier?
remark:
the non FSK modulation have pulse shape.
i test several methods but all of them have problem and work in a special condition.
the methods have been tested : wavelet, zerocrossing, cumulant, ...
please help me.

Why don't you just detect the phase change ?
I mean...lets assume you know frequency of transmitted signal and assume all other necessary data...u know phase(freq shift) shift...
Do FFT with standard Cross-correlation method...
Wavelet thing is very suitable for Non-stationary signals...and here I am assuming that u are playing with stationary signal...

Hi,

As my experience Quasi-likelihood methods are exelent for MPSK modulation classification. there is the capability to classify also pi/4-shifted QPSK. It has some problems also, such as it needs a fine carrier frequency estimation and food timing recovery.

regards

m_mir

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.