Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about MMC and Proteus card image

Status
Not open for further replies.

very question

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
Thank you for your time
I have question about MMC card format in proteus
I saw zip file used for card image and file that format like cardimage.mmc too
How we can make this image and How we can extract that??
How many formats are available for MMC card in proteus??
Thanks in advance

You can use WinImage 8.5 Professional to create .mmc image file for proteus. Download and install WinImage 8.5.

Run WinImage and Choose File>New
In the dialog box's Format and Imported section choose "Select Custom Image Format" and click OK. In the next dialog box choose Fat12/16 for FileSystem and click OK.

It will ask to save file. give some name for the file and save it as .IMA format. Then Go To menu Image>Inject and in the dialog box select the files to be injected and click open. Files will be injected. Now click save button and exit WinImage. Now rename the .IMA file you created with .mmc extension. you can use the .mmc file with proteus.

You can use WinImage 8.5 Professional to create .mmc image file for proteus. Download and install WinImage 8.5.

Run WinImage and Choose File>New
In the dialog box's Format and Imported section choose "Select Custom Image Format" and click OK. In the next dialog box choose Fat12/16 for FileSystem and click OK.

It will ask to save file. give some name for the file and save it as .IMA format. Then Go To menu Image>Inject and in the dialog box select the files to be injected and click open. Files will be injected. Now click save button and exit WinImage. Now rename the .IMA file you created with .mmc extension. you can use the .mmc file with proteus.

Thank you....
Can I use zip extention for my File?
this works that we do just for simulation in proteus or we should do for real circuit?

You can put a zip or any other file in .IMA file or .mmc file, but I dont know wheather such files can be opened by Mmc Libraries used in programming.
You need .mmc file only for proteus simulation. In real hardware you need MMC/SD/SDHC card formatted in FAt16/FAT32 depending if you are using FAT16/FAT32 file handling in your code.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.