Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about Microstrip Filters and Circuits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoriyanj

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, i have critical questions about this subject. In my case i used to design randomly which means when changing dimensions sometimes i obtain good result. But i don't know about way to from lumped elements starting. i studied papers but there was only approximation. no calculation. Please help me.

---------- Post added at 03:03 ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 ----------

Actually I think engineers used to design from Specification of Filter. in my case i used to design inversely. I have another question. if i have good pattern of Microstrip BPF how i can convert into Lumped elements. i tried richards and Kurodo transfom but it is not sufficient for me. If that design more complicated pattern how can i analyze it.

you can simulate in ADS, then form LC from S-paras. But why to convert microstrip into LC?

Thank you for Repying. I want to calculate first and after that design but i cannot. For example center frequency 3GHz BW 1GHz or something else. How can i form the shape and even if it has different substrate in which has 2 or more layers
Thank you in advance.

In AWR, there is multilayer substrate model, you can select.
Your BW seems a little wide, but you can try using coupled line.
Set the original value as following: The length of coupled line is about 1/4lamda, and width is about 30~50 ohms.
And set variable optimising range, then do optimization. AWR will do all the job for you.

Thank you for your reply. I have another problem for stepped impedance resonator. how i can calculate stepped impedance resonator. for example center frequency 13Ghz BW 12-14Ghz. Return loss 30dB, insertion loss 1dB
i tried ADS LineCalc but it hasn't shown me result. in case of Line calculator can calculate stepped line,?

If you want to design a stepped impedance filter and have no idea, use a filter synthesis software. It is better than random experiments.

**broken link removed**

Hi all, I need to design according to spec, Center frequency 12GHz<f0<14GHz, insertion loss<2.5dB, BW @ 1dB +-350MHz, BW @ 3dB +-400MHz, VSWR 1.7:1, Attenuation BW @ 15dB +-800MHz, Attenuation BW @30dB +-1600MHz, Attenuation BW @ 35dB +-3200MHz, I/O impedance 50Ohm, Max input power 2W, Maximum dimenssion 8X3X0.4mm.
It has 2 substrate Bottom is GaAs 200um, Above one is SiN 0.2um.
At First step I have to do? how can i estimate and synthsize width, and length with 2 layers? which software is good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back