Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about Micronas PUC303xA

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeS

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has had experience with this MCU? Its an ARM7 core, but I'm having difficulty in finding info on the dev tools avalible for it.

Initially I was thinking of using the Atmel AT91FR40162, but going over its data sheet I noticed that the internal flash can be disabled or moved via external pins. This makes it possible to read the flash externally, and is a security risk.

So going over an ARM Microcontroller spreadsheet from this forum, I found the Micronas chip, which has exactly what I need:

• Small package (81-BGA)
    128kb+ Flash (secure so it cannot be read externally)
    16kb+ RAM
    2 UARTs
    Internal PLL is a good bonus
    Low power consumption (preferably less then 50 mA)
    my MIPS requirement is about 40-60 MIPs (so it doesnt need to run at 200 Mhz)

So I guess my question is two part. How does this Micronas mcu stack up against whats out there; and Are there any other mcus i should be looking at? Also does anyone know if the price of this Micronas MCU in quantities of 100 to 1k is comparable to Atmel ARM based MCUs?

Glad you read this far, hope you can help me :)

Cheers,
FeS

Hi FeS
your find solution for probleman ?
im more dificultes for start use AT91FR40162
im need help .
:)
ass.
Glaucius Penga

Status
Not open for further replies.