Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about low voltage transistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

jutek

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
low voltage transistors

hello

when we say about low voltage transistors as 1.8V or 1.3V does it mean that 1.8V or 1.3V is max vds of this transistor??

if yes, does it mean i can use 2 low voltage transistors with vdd=3.3V without breaking it down?

regards

low voltage transistors

maybe the voltage here refers to the Vce(sat) voltage?

low voltage transistors

VCE(MAX)=1.5 is too little. Maybe smth else?

Re: low voltage transistors

i think it is the value of power supply

Re: low voltage transistors

jutek said:
hello

when we say about low voltage transistors as 1.8V or 1.3V does it mean that 1.8V or 1.3V is max vds of this transistor??

if yes, does it mean i can use 2 low voltage transistors with vdd=3.3V without breaking it down?

regards

uaully this means the power supply voltage for the whole chip, of course it aplies to all transsitors.

but for certain applications, although low power voltage is used, its internal power unit cracks up the voltage for supporting the remaining chip, this is not counted as low voltage chip

Status
Not open for further replies.