Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about loss calculation in CST and HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tork

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends

My first question is about loss calculation in CST MW
I wanted to simulate a microstrip line to investigate different losses. I used an open boundary and copper as strip material...., I monitored E and H fields in my desired frequencies. In the loss and Q calculation item, it just calculate the copper loss! a 100percent of loss is conducting! what should I do so that CST calculate dielectric and also radiation loss?

The second is about HFSS
I saw in the results, in Gamma, HFSS just consider if the operating frequency is lower than cut off, otherwise, it gives a zero real(Gamma)! so it seems that HFSS doesn't consider losses in alpha. How can I calculate losses by the HFSS?

Thank you very much

Hi,

In CST, did you define a lossy substrate ? The default value of tangent delta is zero.

Hi,

Yes, I defined a new material with tan_delta of 0.0023 at 10 GHz.
Everybody says CST has a simple routin but I don't know why it doesn't work for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.