Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question about loop antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

wufeng

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,
I use HFSS to simulate a loop antenna. But I found out when I reduce the radius of the wire, the input impedance goes up. Does that make sense? I use the lumped port. Thanks

Yes, it makes sense.

In the attached figure you can see the computed input resistance for a circular loop. As the wire radius decreases (Ω increases) the resistance gets higher.

Actually this is the typical behaviour of wire antennas. If you check the resistance of dipole antennas it exhibits the same property.

Yes, it makes sense.

In the attached figure you can see the computed input resistance for a circular loop. As the wire radius decreases (Ω increases) the resistance gets higher.

Actually this is the typical behavior of wire antennas. If you check the resistance of dipole antennas it exhibits the same property.
Nice information about loop antenna thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back