Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question about java programming language

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifre

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If i understand correctly you cant run programs written in java unless you have a java interpreter? Is that correct?

yes, that is called JVM (Java Virtual Machine)

Platform independence

Main article: Java Platform

One characteristic, platform independence, means that programs written in the Java language must run similarly on any supported hardware/operating-system platform. One should be able to write a program once, compile it once, and run it anywhere.

This is achieved by most Java compilers by compiling the Java language code halfway (to Java bytecode) – simplified machine instructions specific to the Java platform. The code is then run on a virtual machine (VM), a program written in native code on the host hardware that interprets and executes generic Java bytecode. (In some JVM versions, bytecode can also be compiled to native code, resulting in faster execution.)

Can you make programs in java that would run on computers that dont have java vm installed on it? Because that would really suck if you have to go and download java vm before you can use any programs developed with java

if we have the executable file, i guess we should be able to run it on any machine.

yeah i make exe files using java exe software but to run it on other computers u still need JVM installed on them:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back