Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question about I2C & microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

tramp

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Is there any microcontroller in which data from i2c bus can directly available in internal memory (RAM/E2PROM)of microcontroller.(normaly it is available in buffer of uc)

Thanx,
TRAMP

All the microcontrollers who I know that they have an integrated module I2C, have it in form registry.
If your you pay attention all the microscontroladores with similar modules of communications (SPI, sci...) the data write on a registry so that you can operate based on the received data, if you want to keep it in memory (it commits or external) it beams with a simple operation from movements of data.

THNX MARIO82

But in that case i alwayas have to poll i2c bus & maintain data from buffer as buffer size is small.

Regards,
Tramp

hi
first use spi protocol it suits very well for a lot of applications bcoz it is much speedy than i2c and also very easy to implement,even if ur controller doesnt support u write a soft protocol for its implenetation and it requires only 3 lines
this helps u better
else if u wann to use i2c see application note for interfacing controller to a eeprom in microchip site it helps u a lot

Hi

The MSP430F16xx can place data from external source {Uart,I2C,SPI} directly into ram using the hardware DMA

Simply Set the DMA to transfer data from Uart register into memory buffer {RAM}

See Ti app note for using the MSP430 DMA : www.ti.com/MSP430

All the best

Bobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back