Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question about how to use "`include" in verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

satrap

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I download uart16550 IP from opencore.org. In the core "`include" can be compiled normally, but when i include my own file the core could not compiled normally. when I remove the "`include" and move all design files to a list, they can be compiled normally. The tool what I use is modelsim. I meet these situation many times. I don't know the reason.
do anyone tell me.
thank you very much!

Re: question about how to use "`include" in verilo

It's the same as used in C language.

Please pay attention to the "path" used by the include.

Without giving the correct directory path of the file, include cannot find the file.

Re: question about how to use "`include" in verilo

satrap said:
I download uart16550 IP from opencore.org. In the core "`include" can be compiled normally, but when i include my own file the core could not compiled normally. when I remove the "`include" and move all design files to a list, they can be compiled normally. The tool what I use is modelsim. I meet these situation many times. I don't know the reason.
do anyone tell me.
thank you very much!

Use vlog +incidr+<Dir_Where_Your_Include_file_exists> file.v

HTH
Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

Also, you can use ncverilog +incdir+path
"path" is where the files you want to include is. If you have more than one paths, you can just type them together, with "+" between them.

If I do not write "include" in RTL code. How the tools handle it? Such as modelsim/questa/synplify ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back