Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about HDL coding style

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjzhangwn

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
About the coding style

A design before I change my design that speed can't reach the 150M,but After I change My design in the sourse file,It do!I do as follow:I change the state machine ,don't do anything in the state machine,and do it in another 'always' use the state register.I think the coding style is impotant,so I want some imformation about coding style,Thanks!

About the coding style

Did you read Douglas Smith "HDL Chip Design"? It's very very useful book. Bible for synthesis.

About the coding style

No,How Can I get?

Re: About the coding style

bjzhangwn said:
No,How Can I get?

For free book, take a search in EDABOARD.COM, here's a good library for electronic engineer or in ATM (go to homepage of EDABOARD, the link to ATM is on the left!

Other wise, Go to amazon.com and get it by paying money!!! :D

About the coding style

Salam,

HDL Coding Style guide.pdf

**broken link removed**

Bye

i cant download the book,can u email for me?
my email:bbddt@hotmail.com

About the coding style

Salam,

The link is working.
You must login before download any thing.

Bye

Just a note on HDL Chip Design that it has a lot of errors. Check out its reviews. Beginners should be careful with the examples in the book. Any book with lots of code is prone to errors and Douglas's work is no exception. The examples calls many routines, functions and packages that may not be supported by your synthesizer or are not simply part of IEEE1164 that you have in your tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.