Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about Gerber files !

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenXtr

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone..is me again..:p

I got a newbie question, hope anyone of you may able to help me.

Question:~
1. How/What should I do to view the gerber files from other software[eg. EEDP] while I am using Protel DXP.

2. After I able to view it, how should I measure the traces width, hole sizes..and so on. Is it any files I can refer to?

Thanks for helping..

Zen..

I can help you if you use Cam for gerber verification!!! i dont know abt EEDP

You can use any CAM software to view the gerbers generated by any pcb tool. You must have correct aperture file.

Import all the files (copper layer, silk screen, solder mask,nc drill )in gerber & ckeck whatever you wish.

hi centiago,

I did import the gerber files, but it dint show me the exactly size of traces..
Is it because of I dint load the apecture files? If yes, which one should I load then? And where to load it.
I am kinda blurr with it.

thanks for advicing,

best regards,
zen..

Added after 1 minutes:

sugvivek said:
I can help you if you use Cam for gerber verification!!! i dont know abt EEDP

I also don't know what is that.
It's from agilent, and that pcb was done by one of the us company 5years ago.

Get yourself gc-prevue from www.graphicode.com.
With this you can identify the sizes and details of all items found within gerber files.
If you need to enter the apeture list, this will need to be done before you can identify sizes etc.

cyberrat said:
Get yourself gc-prevue from www.graphicode.com.
With this you can identify the sizes and details of all items found within gerber files.
If you need to enter the apeture list, this will need to be done before you can identify sizes etc.

Hi fren,
Is you again.. you helped me a lot. really thanks..

I did get the gc prevue, problem is..I don't know how to enter the apecture list, do you mind to show me step by step by print screen it?

thanks again. ^^

zen..

Zen,

Yes the problem is because of aperture file. This file is generated automatically when you run the gerber out from your pcb tool.

Also make sure export format (like RX274 & other details) are matched when you import in CAM tool.

CAM tool automatically imports aperture file. Else you can import it manually.

Good Luck

centiago said:
Zen,

Yes the problem is because of aperture file. This file is generated automatically when you run the gerber out from your pcb tool.

Also make sure export format (like RX274 & other details) are matched when you import in CAM tool.

CAM tool automatically imports aperture file. Else you can import it manually.

Good Luck

Centiago,

It didn't automatic load the apecture files for me, Can you show me the way to import it? Because I want to make sure is it I am doing the right way. thanks ..

zen..

Exporting RS274 uses a seperate Gerber file and an Apoarture file.

If you can export RS274-X then the apature info will be included within the Gerber files.

What PCB program are you using to create the Gerbers?

I canot tell you how to enter an apature list in GC-prevue as I have not used the latest powerstation version, I always use the older version as IMO it is easire to use.

But it should tell you in the help files.

Roland.

cyberrat said:
Exporting RS274 uses a seperate Gerber file and an Apoarture file.

If you can export RS274-X then the apature info will be included within the Gerber files.

What PCB program are you using to create the Gerbers?

I canot tell you how to enter an apature list in GC-prevue as I have not used the latest powerstation version, I always use the older version as IMO it is easire to use.

But it should tell you in the help files.

Roland.

Hi Roland,

Hmm.. I had request the fabricate company to generate the gerber files that able to read by me. ^^

Those gerber files not generated by me, it is from my client, he said it was EEDP files...

The problem been fixed..
Anyway...thanks for your concern. ^^:

Best regards,
Zen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back