Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question about Frequency-to-Voltage Convertor, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountain

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want transform an Frequency signal to it's corresponding Voltage signal, and the output Voltage must be proportional to the frequency of the input square wave. How Can I make it?

I had used the ADVFC32 of Analog Device, and design the circuit according to its typical application as frequency to voltage convertor. But in simulator, when the input is an square wave signal with fixed frenquency, the outout is not a fixed voltage as I expected, but somewhat sawtooth things.

How Can I obtain the output voltage expected?

Thanks!

You need to use some form of low pass filter. Try increasing the shunt capacitor in the suggested circuit or follow it by an active low pass filter. Both of these will cause errors if your input frequency changes value frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back