Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question ABout FDTD Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadabat

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My dear friend if you can help me I ahve a question in my mind, in coding of FDTD in the simulations is it better to use C programming language directly or matlab which one is better whta do you suggest please I expect to have you ideas bets regards

Hi,
I recommend you to use C instead of Matlab, because MAtlab is so slow.

Sadabat

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
    V

I use matlab in FDTD coding. You can plot the output directly and you can make fitting using matlab directly, Also You can see the propagation of the field through the waveguide.So i prefer using matlab than C and fortran programming

Sadabat

helio1972 said:
Hi,
I recommend you to use C instead of Matlab, because MAtlab is so slow.

Matlab is not slow! It must be programmed correctly.

It is well known that Fortran and C will run a FDTD program faster tham matlab. In fact most scientific computing that requires a heavy amount of calculations are carreid out in fortran.
My advice is to get started with matlab because its easy to debug and plot your results.....but as you advance to more complicated simulations.....go to fortran or C

I would suggest using Fortran (for the calculations) and MatFor (for plotting the results in real time). I myself am using C++ and the trial version of Matfor. You may learn more information on Matfor from www.ancad.com. It is really a very advanced scientific plotting library for C++ and fortran.

Matlab is slow when "for", "while", "if" loops are used...these loops are never needed if one uses matrix manipulations and logical operators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back