Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about Dual linear potentiometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bboynoob

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
the Dual linear potentiometer i have just brought recently is nt accurate in term of the value measured.it is accurate at highest value then the value start nt consistent after lower down the wiper of the trimmer. i am wonder if there are a compensator to adjust so tat it become accurate?

If no tracking is specified, it should be accurate according to the linearity specfication. But most likely it isn't very tight.

No it isn't.

A potentiometer is not an accurate device. Just like other resistors, it will have more or less accuracy. You'l never get a potentiometer that is hundred percent accurate.

For what application are you planning to use it?

What do you mean with linear? Linear resistance characteristic or a slider potentiometer?

Dual means there are 2 trim pot uses only 1 turn /wiper ...linear means the resistor value of 1 ends equal to the other ends. like this:100K Dual Potentiometer (Linear) [TPS-00704] - Rs.25.00 : :+: www.onlineTPS.com - Electronics and Robotics Components Shop - India, Components at your Doorstep - Satisfaction Guaranteed
i am doin some transducer 's voltage to current convertion with offset and span conditioning..
but i am nw having prob with the output which can be shows in the graph( ) the red one should be the expected output but it's ends up to be the green one.

I guess, you don't have any manufacturer specifications for tracking behaviour? So you can change to a more expensive device, hopefully exposing a better performance. Or take it as is.

Your measurement clearly shows, that both potentiometer are different in terms of electrical angle. You can't easily correct this error.

Status
Not open for further replies.