Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about devices mounting orientation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sink0

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i never sent a board for pick and place mounting. I would like to know if there is any extra cost or limitation regarding the componentes orientation. i mean, if i a place a smd resistor with 50º orientation would i have any problem?

Thank you!

There is no problems affected to device functionality according to parts orientation and placing, as long as circuit are correct and there is not short circuit. You should pay attention on some parts which is hot and need more space for cooling, and such things. Maybe just PCB dont have good visual effect.

They will determine price when they see PCB.

Sorry, i think i was not enough clear. i am not worried with the proper board behavior, but with some possible limitation of a pick and place machine not be able to "turn" the part properly.

Thank you!

O no my friend that depends from company what you choose to they make PCB for you, and what they have from machine.

Today there is machine if you whant they can put smd resistor verticaly. :)

You should first ask for their capabilities.

Maybe they working by hands like in china, who knows, for first time zou ask for their capabilities and make smaller serie. After your inspecting of finished PCB you will deside to continue or not job with them. Today you cant trust noone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sink0

Sink0

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back