Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about crystal oscillator circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

didibabawu

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In the circuit is it a crystal oscillator? Has anyone seen this circuit? Please Give me more imformation about it. Thank you very much.

ya it is a oscillator... the crystal gives 180 degree phase shift and the inverter gives 180 degree phase shift based on its sizing...

A.Anand Srinivasan said:
ya it is a oscillator... the crystal gives 180 degree phase shift and the inverter gives 180 degree phase shift based on its sizing...

Then how can i know the circuit is work well.

didibabawu said:
A.Anand Srinivasan said:

Then how can i know the circuit is work well.

Given the crystal equivalent model,you can run the simulation of AC,transient,etc.

ya it is oscillator but how to identify exactly whether it is crystal oscillator or not from its view???rather from its action...

every crystal has its own characteristic frequency and if the inverter can operate at that frequency.... i mean cross the threshold of the inverter in the on time period at that frequency then the oscillator will work....

Also, recall in Razavi's book, he derived that there
is an equivalent nagative resistance between the drain and gate when there are caps between gate/source and drain/source, inverter is just a stack of these two. So it's still in a form of, let's say, colpitts oscillator.

Status
Not open for further replies.