Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about copyright of blogs and albums

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpanhalt

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Policies that restrict editing and deleting forum posts, particularly after a certain period, are easily justified. I can understand the same rule applying to any other dialog, such as groups.

I believe blogs and albums are inherently different. For example, additions and updates may extend over a much longer period than for an active thread. Secondly, a blog or album is typically very personal, unlike a thread. Changes in circumstance and new information may require editing and/or deletion at any time. Other members are typically not affected by such changes.

What is EDABoard’s policy on copyright ownership and editing of blogs and albums, including deletion of content?

Regards,

John

The main reasons for placing restrictions in the edit functionality of posts were to prevent members from removing the content of their question after getting the information they needed, and to prevent spammers from being able to edit older replies to add spam to them that was hard to find.

Regarding the album and blog functionality, I don't think it has been restricted.
As far as I'm aware images can be deleted and post blogs can be deleted or edited, is that not the case?

What is EDABoard’s policy on copyright ownership
That is administration territory but there is a privacy policy in the end of the rules page https://www.edaboard.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

I am not sure and don't intend to test it. I was hoping the new owner of EDA Board would clarify it. I agree with what you say.

John

There is absolutely no problem using any of the edit/delete functionalities when they are available, there is no rule to prevent the use of an available feature (unless it is misusing report :wink:).

I actually checked the blog page and saw both deleted and edited recent entries so I'm sure that these features exist.

I have updated my previous reply regarding the privacy policy, at least the one that was valid for the previous administration, not sure what is the new policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back