Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about computer networking: IP related

Status
Not open for further replies.

edinburgh

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Software

Dear Friends,

I am not familiar with Computer Networking...and I still have some questions in my mind...
If you have experienced in this field, please drop a line for info..
Thanks a lot for your kindly info...

Is this true that Software Company can detect your IP address if you illegally working on their advanced software nowadays...

If so, how we can notice on that surveillance...

If I am talking with my friends via ICQ, Is that True that he can detect my IP..

If so, how he can detect my one....Can I also detect his IP??

How to avoid/hide my IP from this situation....

Please feel free to post your suggestion & experience...

Best regards,
EDIN

Re: Software

edinburgh said:
Dear Friends,

I am not familiar with Computer Networking...and I still have some questions in my mind...
If you have experienced in this field, please drop a line for info..
Thanks a lot for your kindly info...

1:Is this true that Software Company can detect your IP address if you illegally working on their advanced software nowadays...

2:If so, how we can notice on that surveillance...

3:If I am talking with my friends via ICQ, Is that True that he can detect my IP..

4:If so, how he can detect my one....Can I also detect his IP??

5:How to avoid/hide my IP from this situation....

Please feel free to post your suggestion & experience...

Best regards,
EDIN

1. Yes, If the Software Company have built in that kind of functionality in their product.
2. You have to monitor the traffic from that computer. This is probably not an easy task, could be a quite complex matter.
3. I guess ICQ uses TCP/IP so the answer is yes if you monitor and analyse the traffic.
4. Once again, traffic monitoring.
5. This is a bit deep for me. I believe a firewall with NAT would hide your computer IP adr. But you would still be the owner and legally responsible for the firewall.

Regards

Hi,

If you are using Win95/98/Me then try to find AtGuard firewall. It will guard you from programs that try to make connect without your permission.

AtGuard also will stop monitoring of your web browsing by disabling sending of http referencies and cookies.

73! klug.

checkit firewall

Checkit Firewall software mointiors progams that send things out over the internet. It will ask you for permision to allow the sending. You can permit or deny on a one time basis or an all time basis. I have not had any of my programs attempt to send any messages that they were not suposed to do.

1. Although the general answer is yes it is possible (as stade before) it's relatively easy to take contra-measures. If you install ZoneAlarm (for example) it will ask you if want to let the particular soft to access the net.
You only have to say "NO".
2. 3. and 4. I dont know anything else than already answered by solvarg.

5. make your connections via an anonymous proxy. Before you ask what's
that, I recomend some study. A very nice place with lots of explanations is
the fravia's site. Do a search on it if you feel lost on where to start.
The adress is:
w*w.searchlores.org

Status
Not open for further replies.