Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about collector current for designing BJT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifre

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
in the Philips data sheet for 2N2222 npn transistor there are several values of Hfe(dc current gain) given for different ic ( i am guessing it is a collector current.)
correct me if i am wrong... I always thought that dc gain is unique to the particular transistor and doesn't vary with collector current. Data sheet implies that for higher ic i will have greater Hfe. So in order to design a circuit with BJT i must determine collector current and based on that set my base current?

Re: Question about bjt

The DC gain of BJTs is not unique to anything ..
If the Hfe is important in calculations you need to have data sheet(s) of a particular transistor from its manufacturer .. this parameter, and some others, may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and from batch to batch ..
But, don't worry, it is not important if a transistor has β ≈ 50 or 250 or more .. in most cases the relationship is direct proportional to 1/β ..

Regards,
IanP

Re: Question about bjt

I think the impact is not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.