Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about Atmel controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vonn

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1- Is it possible to use nonvolatile memory in AT89C51AC3 while it's running? I mean Can I save a number and keep it after turning off the controller and then reload it and change it next time it powers up and so on?

2- Can i save 30K lookuptable in the 64KB flash while writing my code? is it possible to put it in my code before compiling

1- You can do for EEPROM and not for FlashPROM
2- The compiler gives you memory map details to check data & code sizes for memory.

1. yes you can interface EEPROM serial or paraller, i am suggesting serial one 24C512 ....
2. no way as max code memory for 8951 is 4k. and for 8952 is 8k. for 8953 12K. for 8955 20K. that is it. so you have to save that lookup table in external eeprom then read it in your code block by block ..

for on chip program memory security and reliability(thatz code memory shouldnt be altered at run time) reason the internal porgram memory(the memory u're talking about, flash) is non touchable and u couldnot be changed by the program running from the same chip. why dont u checkout the s series

but u could always load the memory at the time of u're burning the controller(hex file which already has the extra bytes other than code), which could be accessed by movc instruction, mov code byte instruction(which is only for reading).

and the 2k eeprom is made for restoring purpose.

ramesh,
you are right but to load the LUT do I have to do it manually ini the bin editor after I got the bin file ?
Another Q: Is it possible to program this controller on circuit without adding any extra hardware ?

shafee001
Thanks but I mean to use the uc internal flash and EEROM

mondunno:
the 2k eeprom is made for restoring purpose

r u sure??? hmm I will double check the datasheet.

Vonn said:
1- Is it possible to use nonvolatile memory in AT89C51AC3 while it's running? I mean Can I save a number and keep it after turning off the controller and then reload it and change it next time it powers up and so on?

2- Can i save 30K lookuptable in the 64KB flash while writing my code? is it possible to put it in my code before compiling

i suggest you use from at28f12(flash)

1. Some microcontroller provide you the E2PROM feature inside, you can consider it.
2. For the look up table 30K, if you use the microcontroller 64K maybe you can use this code...

unsigned char code data[] = {0x01, 0x55, 0xfe...}

Status
Not open for further replies.