Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about ARM9 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

choi_new

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My friend told me ARM 9 application software design can be classific into high level and low level.

high level is the application software. low level is the Board support package level...

I want to know what's the mainly diffierent them??
Which one is more difficult and important??

Hi

Most professional written application are separated into application and BSP where BSP - (board support packge,low level driver software) and application can became a simple running main routine or an RTOS(Real Time Operating System)

It is the best way to write a software and to maintain it

from my point of view a good maintaind BSP is a very hard work to do since the programmer must have a good knowledge in hardware as well as software

All the best

Bobi

Board support package level provides HW dependent services to upper SW levels. Consider it like a VGA card driver in windows.

Application uses the services/routines provided by BSP to access HW.

Both of them important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back