Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about 89c51 microcontroller ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
in micro controller i know abt d ram it value is 128 bytes,starting from 00 to 7F,wht abt 80 to FF is it a RAM or ROM?if it is RAM, d limit is 128 bytes only?SFRs r considered as ROM r RAM?wht abt ROM in µc.

Added after 5 minutes:

in micro controller i know abt d ram it value is 128 bytes,starting from 00 to 7F,wht abt 80 to FF is it a RAM or ROM?if it is RAM, d limit is 128 bytes only?SFRs r considered as ROM r RAM?wht abt ROM in µc.

microcontroller ROM

sanjan,

first, state, which microcontroller family are you talking about - 8051, PIC, AVR, HC08 etc. There are not so many, but they are really distinct from each other.

Second, please, use proper english, including the vowels. Abbreviations such as "r" instead of "are", "wht" instead of "what" are really hard to understand. This environment is not SMS, you don't need to spare letters. In such a forum you are basically asking for a favour of a free help from other participands, and if the readers can't understand your question, they won't answer.

JW

Re: microcontroller ROM

Hi,
In the place of ROM used earlier for program memory, nowadays Flash memory is mostly used because of the convenience of reprogramming.
Regards,
Laktronics

Re: microcontroller ROM

Hi
most probably ur talking about 89c51,as it has 256 bytes of Ram. SFR are Part of Ram ,u can access them in ur code write them and read them as many times as u want.SFR are mapped in higher 128 bytes of Ram
Shakeel

microcontroller ROM

sory i did not understend your question

Status
Not open for further replies.