Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Question about 100KV 200ma connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldsmith

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All
Hi
Thank you for your time .
I have designed a circuit which can give 100KV 200ma . ( DC ) but i want know what material can be used as it's out put connector .
I'll be grateful if you guide me .
Thanks in advance .
Goldsmith

output connector in the sense the Cable connecting the circuit and other equipment right

if so then pressurised air cables can tolerate 100 kV supply

I am not exactly sure about the maximum current rating and all but i am sure it is above a few amps

Hi Jeffrey
Thank you for your answer .
Cables , are with special oils as insulator . but i don't think you can find connectors with oil insulator !
I am not exactly sure about the maximum current rating and all but i am sure it is above a few amps
What ? a few amperes ? out put current of high voltages , with special applications can't exceed from 1 A .
Though , thank you because of your contribution .
Regards
Goldsmith

Oil insulation is a bit of concern to you then

Why can't you go for Gas pressure cables which uses Dry Nitrogen as an insulator and suits your need

Thanks any way for clearing the current rating I just clarified it and found that the ratings are only a few 100 mA

thanks pal

Jeffrey , i'm not looking for cable or wire , or something like that , i'm looking for a connector , which can handle this rating ( 20 KW 100 KA ) . can you suggest me , any method or any connector type please ?
Thanks

Oh that I will have to look for pal

sorry I don't have any clue about those stuff wish to learn about them soon from here though

Some cable and connector options that are used for laboratory HV power supplies up to 150 kV.

You'll notice that the HV strength is essentially based on a long segment of a suitable large diameter coaxial cable and an isolation (most likely PTFE) tube for the jack.

Connector mounting instructions

I'm using a similar design based on reguar RG58 for a 25 kV HV tester.

Hi dear FvM
Thank you very much for your help . it really helped me .
Best Regards
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.