Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

quesion about using cooper wire as Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

DukeLeon

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cooper wire

Hi all, I will use a piece of cooper wire as an antenna to sense the transmitted signal. But I wonder how much voltage can be generated by a piece of cooper wire (length=30cm)?
Can it generate an amplitude of 0.5mV sin wave?

Thanks

using a piece of wire as an antenna

Depends by the frequency used. For such low voltage and wire length is no problem to transmit in a frequency range between UHF and let's say 2.5GHz.

antenna cooper

vfone said:
Depends by the frequency used. For such low voltage and wire length is no problem to transmit in a frequency range between UHF and let's say 2.5GHz.
But the transceiver I design is 433MHz frequency..
What order voltage can this wire antenna generate? Thx

rf 433 wire as antenna

Can it generate an amplitude of 0.5mV sin wave?
Yes it can, even with a 433 MHz small radio device. Assuming 10 dbm transmitted power and 2.1 dB dipole gain for transmitter and receiver antenna, you get about -20 dbm received power at 3 m distance, equivalent to 20 mV rms into 50 ohm.

A λ/4 (17.5 cm) monopole with a ground plane is the most simple antenna with about 50 ohm impedance.

Refer to free space attenuation to learn more about basic RF transmission properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back