Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Query regarding PID control using ARM CortexM3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbm10

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have implemented PID control on precision dc motors. The position of servo motor is determined through linear optical encoders. The encoder values are read using a counter/timer/ TIM4 in the microcontroller. When I make very small moves, the servo moves and stops. Then according to my algorithm , I check if the movement has finished or not. In some cases, the servo does not move and in some cases, as I can see on the debugger window, the encoder value changes, an error is detected in position causing the PID controller to move the servo back and forth( the error in position changes between +ve and -ve).. Any idea how I can remove this?

Thanks

What type of arithmetic is used? What about your PID tuning? Check your gain and differential coefficients.

Status
Not open for further replies.