Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

query regarding moc+triac

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherazi

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends, ..
i was wondering if we can swap the circuit on pin 4 and six of moc3022,
i mean that as shown in data sheet, the gate is connected to pin 4 ,

can we interchange it with pin 6... or would there be problem with that? moreover is there any difference in conncting load,,,, i mean should the load be connceted to mt1 or mt2? or is it arbitary??

the moc30xx MUST be between MT2 and G.
or the triac doesnt switch ...

MT2 and G can be exchanged.

sherazi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
what should be the rating of the 0.1uF cap, and the resistors on the right side... should .5W be OK?

and what type of capacitor should be used ? should it be ceramic, or some other type?

Good Morning Sherazi_or Salim!

Ok, with snubber components be care pls!
The capacitor must be a good "impulse foil type" and for 250VAC_sorry they are bulky, but you must have a such type...
Hes resistor can not be a 0805 or 1206 SMD too!
I must say; I dont give you a formula to calculate both, but Web has surly answer...
Its a power component, has periodically lot of currents-dissipates in both components regularly 1-3Watts :)
I think these is a usable script from ST, it is one of the older & bigger vendors: RC snubber circuit design for TRIACs...
PCB Trace width calculator: **broken link removed**
It exists similar side over creepage calculations too(was some weeks ago on edaboard too), but I have to search for that...
The other aspects I will answer some later_I have to go out yet.
K.

Btw,
Not pins 4 & 6 are interchangable, but both Triac electrodes_with respect to gate controlling, often is is a practical problem!
You can find over that until past months much discussions on Edaboard too...
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.