Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

query on blocking and non blocking assignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratibha m d

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
H All,

I have a doubt on blocking and non blocking assignments used inside an always block. As I know, the blocking assignments are executed sequentially while the non blocking assignments are executed concurrently.
An always statement is a concurrent statement while the statements inside the always statement are sequential statements. My doubt is, if non-blocking statements are used inside the always block, they will be executed sequentially and will be updated at the end of the always block. But where as blocking statements inside always block are also executed sequentially but are updated immediately after the execution of each blocking statement.
So to say, both the blocking and non blocking assignments inside an always block are executed sequentially but are updated differently.
Is my above understanding right?
Plz help me..

Thanks

Yes, your understanding is correct.

Both statements Blocking and Non-blocking will be executed sequentially if written under always inside begin-end. The value will be updated immediately for Blocking and at the end of Delta time for Non-blocking.

For more understanding, you read about "Stratified Event Queue" in Spec.

Hi gck,

Thanks for your reply. May i know which spec you are talking about which includes "Stratified Event Queue"?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.