Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

query about Microcontroller P89v51RD2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twity

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what V stands for and RD2 stands for?

Is there any microcontroller with 2 UARTS in this family?

i think there are not two uarts in pic micro-controllers because it is meaning less.

you can either use multiplexer for tx or rx two signals from different source.

or use "SOFTUART" at any pin of any I/o PORT of the microcontroller, it can use as UART (tx and rx). it is called software UART

RD2 mean PORT no D and pin no 2 of microcontroller

thanks but its not a meaningless for having 2 UARTS because there is a condition to use both of them at same time

I got answer that V stands for virtual programming and I don't get what stands for RD2?

well actually P89V51RD2 is not PIC controller it's a 8051 from Philips.
RD2 means 12 clocks per machine cycle as P89v51RD2 provides 2 possibilities (features) to use it: 1) is 6 clock cycle/machine cycle
& 2) is 12 clock cycle / machine cycle.

12 clock cycle / machine cycle is the default choice.
& this is the reason why we need to include "x" in the header file of this controller during programming.
Ex. #include<p89v51rx2.h> So this x represents that feature which I mentioned above.

To know some more details on this feature of this particular IC : p89V51rd2 : what is X2 mode !!!???

Thanks.
Link is very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.