Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Queries regarding Interference and Collision

Status
Not open for further replies.

haisrilatha

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
interference help

hi everyone,
In wireless scenario, say a source starts transmitting data (+1, -1, 0) to receiver and there exists many other nodes which are transmitting ( say +1, -1, 0) and are in the range of receiver.

My query is suppose if the source transmits +1,
1.does the other nodes become interferers if they all transmit +1 as well.

2.with the same scenario as above does ber (bit error rate) increase, if i reduce number of simultaneous transmissions. (with all of them transmitting +1 as well).

3.do collision at the receiver play any role or is it same as interference?

4.how does collision and interference differ?

Expecting your help in this...
Sri

haisrilatha said:
hi everyone,
In wireless scenario, say a source starts transmitting data (+1, -1, 0) to receiver and there exists many other nodes which are transmitting ( say +1, -1, 0) and are in the range of receiver.

My query is suppose if the source transmits +1,
1.does the other nodes become interferers if they all transmit +1 as well.

If all transmit at the same frequency or time or code... then yes [/quote]

haisrilatha said:
2.with the same scenario as above does ber (bit error rate) increase, if i reduce number of simultaneous transmissions. (with all of them transmitting +1 as well).

That is an incorrect way to look at it. You can never be sure if all transmit +1, so do not use it. They might well be transmitting -1. You need to design your system for worst case scenario

haisrilatha said:
3.do collision at the receiver play any role or is it same as interference?
collision of packets is like time-domain interference if I'm not mistaken

haisrilatha said:
4.how does collision and interference differ?
yeah.

haisrilatha said:
Expecting your help in this...
Sri

I've tried to understand the questions and answered.

So for the second question can i proceed by taking worst case i.e considering every node transmits -1. Then BER will decrease if i reduce the number of interferers. Is this analysis correct?

Yes, but then you'd be unfair too. Not all nodes would practically 'always' transmit -1

Look, I think you are not doing this properly. Why don't you explain what you are trying to.

I have seen a formula for ber as
BER=Σp{signal energy+(number of interfering nodes*its energy)+gaussian noise<0/interference vector} * p{interference vector}

where p{x/y} is probability of x given y

given that signal energy is the one when source transmits +1.

where p{signal energy+(number of interfering nodes*its energy)+gaussian noise<0/interference vector}=Q{(signal energy+(number of interfering nodes*its energy))/σstandard deviation}

where Q is Q function and σ is standard deviation

My doubt is-
if i use some good specific MAC (medium access control) protocol, then the number of interfering nodes will reduce, which normally should reduce BER.

But if i take worst case then only BER is getting reduced in the Q function, otherwise not.

So am i proceeding in right way? that is when i reduce number of interferers, BER shud reduce and it shud always work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back