Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quasi-Yagi Antenna Array in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirelitosita

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have designed quasi-Yagi antena in HFSS, and got good results for all parameters.

Now, I am trying to design array of 4 quasi-Yagi antennas, and I need some help.
Is there any option in HFSS that enables me to get antenna array easily, if I have one antenna element?

Thanks a lot for your help!

there is antenna array setup under HFSS>Radiation>Antenna array setup.

But by using the antenna array setup, u will not correctly capture the effects of mutual coupling between the elements. Meaning, your matching between single element and array may be different. To properly capture it, you have to draw the model of the array and simulate. You may observed that the bandwidth and frequencies shifts in the array environment.

But by using the antenna array setup, u will not correctly capture the effects of mutual coupling between the elements. Meaning, your matching between single element and array may be different. To properly capture it, you have to draw the model of the array and simulate. You may observed that the bandwidth and frequencies shifts in the array environment.

dear mahojazz
if I want to simulate for example 2 element of an opptional antenna i.e bowtie you say :

I draw this 2 element and simulate it
but this is my question :
"how can i apply a feed with 90 phase shift between them"
thanks.

Provided you do not choke your computer (not enough RAM or the problem runs too long .... )

I would encourage modeling the feed network as well as the antennas themselves. Four elements probably would not be too big for even modest computers.

One easy way to get a 90 degree phase shift is with a section of transmission line a quarter wavelength long, namely unequal length feed arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back