Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quasi resonan flyback controller....features?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

For the NCP1207A, offline quasi resonant flyback controller........

1.....Can overload protection function be gotten rid of by putting a 3V9 zener on the FB pin?

1A.....Can overload protection function be gotten rid of by ensuring that Vcc never goes below 12V?

2.....When it goes into skip cycle due to light loading, does it always turn on 5us after the demag signal?...................in other words, true burst mode operation, where the FET does not switch on at all for say, 1ms, can never happen?

3.....Supposing i want the maximum voltage on the source current sense resistor to be 0.5V (instead of 1V), can i arrange this by adding a 2V1 zener diode to the FB pin?

NCP1207A datasheet
https://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/NCP1207A-D.PDF

....The datasheet doesnt really make these points too clear, unless its my interpretation?

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.