Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

quartusII internal error

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanwel

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I compile a code in QuartusII and during the last task (EDA Netlist Writer) this error occur:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Error: Sub-system: WSC, File: /quartus/neto/wsc/wsc_port.cpp, Line: 514
m_port_info.num_of_dimensions() == 1
Stack Trace:
0x251D8 : WSC_PORT::bus_member_index + 0x88 (NETO_WSC)

End-trace

Quartus II Version 8.1 Build 163 10/28/2008 SJ Web Edition
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's this error occur because of my QuartusII cannot support the compilation? Can anyone help me please..:sad:
Many thanks

internal errors like that need to be reported to altera. There is not alot we can do to help.

Quartus II Version 8.1 Build 163 10/28/2008 SJ Web Edition

you are using an old version, why don't you download the latest version and see if it solves your problem, I'm sure that you will get more enhancements too in the new version, Quartus II is currently in version 11

Alex

Reactions: fanwel

fanwel

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
As said, the problem may be solved in a recent version. I understand, that the error is observed while writing an optional EDA netlist. In other words, the compilation itself is O.K.?

My observation is, that unexpected compiler behaviour is often invoked by dubious design constructs that slip through the front end code check.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.