Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quartus II->FFT Megacore IP-> doubts

Status
Not open for further replies.

param

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
free vhdl fft module

hi,
have anyone of u used the FFT megacore, which is accessed through Quartus II ---MegaWizard Plug-In Manager---DSP---Transforms---FFT.

Hi

I used it. But that is a limitted version offered by Altera. Using this software, we can successfully generate an FFT design but we can't get VHDL/Verilog code. It is a demo s/w.

To get this fully working, we need to purchase a license.

param

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
well, cant i implement it in fpga?
ok , even for simulation too am getting problems in integrating that core with my design... the already created testbench from the core works, but i am finding difficult to create my own testbench... will u please help in this regard...
thanx

Hi

It is very difficult to create a testbench for FFT module. FFT megacore works only when we buy the software. In demo version, only dummy modules can be created. These dummy modules can be used for neither simulated nor synthesized.\

Regards,
Viswa

param

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
what is meant by dummy modules...
i have simulated the core testbench and it is working fine...
my problem is of not getting the simulation result due to the complexity in integarting my design with the core... have u tried the testbench...
i need to assign the data (which is output from other module) to the input pins of the core, i.e., data_real_in & data_imag_in. here i face the problem while assigning data to input pins of the core , i am unable to follow the control signals of the core...
pls help me... i am struck with my project at this point... without fft result i cant continue further... or do u know any link where i could find a fft function...i need 2K-point FFT, likely in verilog.
thank you

You can try search in www.opencores.org for FFT programs. But I don't know whether the available programs can help you or not.

In www.opencores.org, all types of VHDL/Verilog programs available.

any link where i can find fft core for free...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back