Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quartus 2 synthesis problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fguihot

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybodies !!!
I 'm programming CPLD on Quartus2 5.1 sp1 web edition.
I'm an user of Max2plus, and I migrated to quartus2.
I am unable to obtain the same results.
I'm used to programm in AHDL, but quartus 2 does code simplification, and doesn't provide any means to empeach these simplification in AHDL.
I'm migrating to VHDL/Verilog, which provide more control other code (als it is more high level language), but still, quartus 2 does code simplification, even with options such as "preserve register", "synthesis keep".
So I have a terrible feeling. Does it is a FPGA oriented software, sold for CPLD, but without any CPLD functionnalites ???

Re: qu(at)rtus 2 synthesis problem

fguihot said:
Hi everybodies !!!
I 'm programming CPLD on Quartus2 5.1 sp1 web edition.
I'm an user of Max2plus, and I migrated to quartus2.
I am unable to obtain the same results.
I'm used to programm in AHDL, but qu(at)rtus 2 does code simplification, and doesn't provide any means to empeach these simplification in AHDL.
I'm migrating to VHDL/Verilog, which provide more control other code (als it is more high level language), but still, qu(at)rtus 2 does code simplification, even with options such as "preserve register", "synthesis keep".
So I have a terrible feeling. Does it is a FPGA oriented software, sold for CPLD, but without any CPLD functionnalites ???
i think you can use quartus to design the cpld,i usually use isplever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back