Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quantum Physics requirement for an electronics engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarun0xe

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends, i am an electronics engineering student. i will have to study quantum physics in my coming semester and which will be followed by a solid state physics course and then may be with some semiconductor course too.so what i want to know is some good book on quantum physics which will make me capable to go through my future courses(i mentioned) with out any difficulty.
a friend suggested to go through a number of books on quantum mechanics and in a following order:
1) Intro to Quantum Mech. by David J Griffiths
2) Principles of Q M by R Shankar
3) Modern Quan Mech by J J Sakurai

only then i can understand some good book on solid state physics. however what i want to know in this is DO ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS ALSO NEED THAT MUCH QUANTUM?? or the suggested path is for some student going to be a physicist.....please tell me frankly. and if electronics engineers do need that much quantum i too will surely go through above text and please also suggest any other books that you think are better than above......thanks in advance

yes it really helped,specially your suggestion in one of those links. thank you very much BradtheRad. now i also want to go thoroughly through the quantum physics.. one other thing i still want to ask is about books... do these books and suggested path are enough to learn quantum for an electronics engineering student(however i know that quantum is a topic which is yet to be fully understood even by great scientists) or i need to go through more books...please give your useful suggestions...thanks again:smile:

okay. and thanks again BradtheRad.... other members,please give your suggestions too.thanks in advance :smile:

Dear tsea,

A long time ago, when I was interested to learn more about quantics, I visited a bookstore, and fortunatelly could find an excelent ono.
However, I can´t sugest to you, due is not written in english.

Once you are intended to take an introdutory matherial, I can sugest you to do the samething.

+++

thanks for the help to both of you, seouldavid and andre_teprom.:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back